Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Cup of Abundance

pencil drawing -by Stephanie Tihanyi (copyright held by artist)
 
'Water is life's matter and matrix, mother and medium. There is no life without water.'  Albert Szent-Gyorgyi -Hungarian Biochemist (1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine, 1893-1986)
 
Please allow me to share my drawing with you. I worked from a memory of a dream I had of an Angel sitting at a fountain well with a cup.
 
The cup seemed to contain a fluid essence from some sort of fountain that welled up from the ground into a shallow pool. There were lots of people being given out sips from the cup by the angel. I found myself at the back of the large crowed in the dark, as I had come to this place late. I hung about patiently waiting my turn and the crowd eventually diminished,  and then suddenly I was at the front. I found myself in the illuminated glow of the seated creature. I looked around the place was empty, I was the last person. The pool was now drained but the angel still held out the cup to me. The cup looked empty and I held out my hand hoping there would be at least be a bit left for me. The angel completely tipped the cup up
and one single drop fell onto my palm. I was saddened, I began to fret, I felt tears rising because I had missed out, what could I possibly get from this mere little drop. I watched in dismay as the drop fell between my fingers and began to disappear!  Oh no! I put my head forward and dipped my tongue into the remains and a golden light burst into my being, transforming everything, flooding my being with peace and comfort. I looked at the Angel and it did not look up or speak, there was no need for words, the message given was clear. The gift of transformation was equal whether one got a droplet or a whole cupful, it would have been no greater of smaller.  I was given a lesson in this dream. Its not the quantity or how much you get or are blessed with, what is important is that you grasp and understand the essence of life, demonstrated but the act of the angel (higher self) and that essence is love, which in turn gives the power of self: transformation, renewal, intuition, reflection, subconscious and purification.

 

 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At September 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Seth Mullins said...

An incredible drawing encapsulating a pretty awe-inspiring dream, Stephanie :) I would agree that size matters not (as Yoda would put it ;) ) - particularly when we're talking about the *essence*.

 
At September 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you Seth. It is through dreams our higher self sends us lectures and wisdom.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home