Thursday, April 2, 2015

Autism Unveiled Project

We don't grow when life is easy, we grow when we have challenges, I like the saying: " Challenges are what make life interesting, overcoming them, is what makes them meaningful"

Autism Unveiled, Voices on the Spectrum
Counting down to World Autism Awareness Day, April 2, 2015

The Autism Unveiled Project is a six-week project where people on the autism spectrum share their uniqueness. The  kick-off was Feb. 18 with blogs by Dr. Stephen Shore, Jennifer O’Toole and Tito Rajarshi Mukhopayday. Each day through April 2, 2015, the Art of Autism will post 2 blogs from people on the spectrum sharing who they are. The people who have chosen to participate share their gifts, their struggles, and their uniqueness.

"Sometimes in life we discover something that changes us and our view of ourselves. To discover that, after so many years of inner confusion, doubt and incomprehension, that there is actually a quantified and measurable reason for why I have struggled to make sense of the social world in the way I have and I am actually not alone.
The beast 005I have what is known as Asperger’s syndrome, now known as Autism Spectrum or HFA. Learning I have this syndrome has been a huge help in dispelling my lifelong confusion of why other people have the easy ability to do things I cannot, like have an ease and flow in communication between each other, that is often a mystery to me. How I either make people laugh or piss them off, without even ever understanding how; or how I am able to focus on a subject for such long periods of time without getting tired. People that do get to know me, find me smart and at the same time socially clueless. While others may totally misunderstand me or even dislike me because they are phobic of these differences" - Stephanie Tihanyi
 Read the whole article at Art of Autism: Week 6
Stephanie: Visionary artist, over-looked, #Aspergers

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home